YOUR SITE TO THE HIDDEN
JOBMARKET IN CANADA
Self-Employment: Program description
How does it work?Duration
- To provide unemployed Employment Insurance eligible individuals
with income and entrepreneurial support while they develop
and implement their business plan.
- To assist unemployed Employment Insurance eligible individuals
to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment resulting in
savings to the Employment Insurance Account.
Who can apply?Eligible Participants
- The unemployed Employment Insurance eligible individual
is provided with financial and entrepreneurial support for
a maximum of 52 weeks (up to 78 weeks for an individual with
a disability) to help them start their own business and become
self-employed. This is done with the assistance of eligible
coordinators (sponsors) who provide business support.
- Eligible participants are those who, pursuant to the Employment
Insurance Act, are unemployed individuals who at the time
of applying for the Self-Employment Program:
- for whom an unemployment benefit period has been established
or has ended within the 36 months prior to the date of
requesting assistance; or
- for whom a benefit period that included a maternity
or parental claim has been established within the 60 months
prior to the date of requesting assistance, after which
the individual remained out of the labour market in order
to care for a newborn or newly adopted child and is now
seeking to re-enter the labour force.
- Other criteria may apply.
How do I apply?/How do I become a sponsor?
For More information About Self-Employment Benefits Click